Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Vacation is all I ever wanted

The Chapin family just returned from spending 8 days traveling the southeast corner of the USA.  The two words I would use to describe the trip would be fun and hot.

I enjoy spending time with my family, especially when it is just the 5 of us.  Even though we are crammed into a hotel with at least one person sleeping on the floor and we spending 47 hours in the car, we still had fun.  Ziplining, touring historical sites, manufacturing facilities and watching baseball all made it the trip one to remember.  Spending time in close quarters with loved ones helps you get to know each other better.  And we loved it.

On the other hand it was the hottest week of my life.  100 degrees, humid and sticky.  unlike anything I have ever felt before.  If you were hot in July in OK, NE or MN I would suggest you stay away from the Deep South in August. 

But now it is time to get back to work and I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment