Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bigger than Business

Over the course of the last week I have had the chance to meet with five different individuals from four different general contracting company's that we work with in the Lincoln area.  The conversations lasted anywhere from 5 minutes longs to an entire breakfast meeting.  After reflecting back on the meetings I was hit by a very important point.

I am blessed to be apart of an industry that has many Christian men in important positions.

Each meeting consisted mainly of conversations build on issues unrelated to contracting.  We talked about family, faith, politics and many other things.  The topic of "work" came up within all of the conversations but it always played a very small part by taking a back seat to more important things in life.

I paused to reflect and it occurred to me that whenever I have visited with any of these five individuals in the past I leave the conversation glad that we talked.   They have shared insights or given recommendations for my life that have proven very useful.

I understand that each of these individuals has hired Willmar Electric in the past and if things go poorly on a project they are ready to discuss work.  But the basis for our relationship is a common faith and not a common industry.

For that I praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment