Friday, July 29, 2011

Love Life

One of my heroes is my great uncle Frank.  Since coming to work full time at Willmar Electric in 1991 to be groomed to take over Frank's role at Willmar Electric I have used him as a valuable resource.  As far as I am concerned he is a truly great man.  Open, honest and frank. 

Frank's wife Shirley is currently extremely sick and in all likelihood is very near the end of her life.  Although we pray that she will rally or that a miracle will turn things around.  As our family shares the news of Shirley's health and my hero Frank and his children struggle with the health of their matriarch, I can't help to reflect on two things I consider to be reality. 

One reality is that life is precious and should never be taken for granted.

The other reality is that our day to day activities should always be kept in prospective.  Often we tend to worry about things out of our control.  I often tend to think things are in crisis mode when the truth is the event or detail is just a minor item that can be easily be weathered.

I have respected Frank over the years because I consider him a wise man.  Certainly the Frank Chapin family understands how precious life is and is keeping day to day activities in prospective.

The lesson I take away from both of those realities is that I should make sure I have my priorities in line and that make sure our loved ones know that they are in fact just that, loved!

As I pray for a miracle in Shirley's life I also pray that Frank will lean on God during this time and I pray that God will be at his side as he deals with what for most of us would be the worst days of our lives.  Decades of time together and over a half century of wonderful memories build a bond that can't be broken.  My heart goes out to Frank, Shirley and their family (Mike, Bruce and Deb).

I am glad that the next 9 days of my life will be spent with the 4 people I love the most and hopefully I can convey that to them the entire times.  Hopefully when I return from my vacation I won't let my priorities get out of whack just because I have returned to the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment