Thursday, July 28, 2011

Vacation


Next week I am taking off work to spend time with my family.  I love to spend time with my wife and 3 kids.  It is also nice to get away from work.  We are planning to spend about 40 hours driving around the southeastern part of the USA.  My daughter is going on a college visit and our kids have never seen that part of the country.  It will be a blast.  And by blast I mean fun, not furnace although it will likely be extra hot as well. 

Don't get me wrong I love my job and the people I work with.  It is just that I like my family more.  I also find that it is easier to come to work every day when I get a break every now and then. 

I think the same is true of everybody.  We all need to take long breaks every so often.  Hopefully everybody looks at the number of vacation days listed on the lower right corner of their paycheck and uses their vacation time.  The key is to keep it above zero and not to be continually running against the ceiling.  My guess is if you find yourself bumping the vacation ceiling on a regular basis you will find yourself "climbing the walls" at work.

When I come back I expect to be a better, more refreshed Dave Chapin because I have taken a long break from my day to day tasks at Willmar Electric.

No comments:

Post a Comment