Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Since you are retiring I won't confront you

I dont talk to very many people within a close range. Those of you that know me know I like to maintain about 10 feet of personal space.

A few summers ago Ben Nelson and I found ourselves face to face, about a foot apart, discussing Obama's health care plan. We were having a one on one conversation about several issues in the halls of congress and he told me "the President's plan was reaching to far and he could never support it." So I believed him.

Six months later he was the deciding vote in the overall passage!

He lied to my face. Eyeball to eyeball.

Two weeks ago we we had a editorial battle in the Omaha World herald about the National Labor Relations Board. He did lie this time, most just was misleading.

The next day he said he wasn't running for reelection.

I know many people think politicos tend to mislead from time to time. But my person experience is that Ben Nelson outright lies.

So today he sat behind me on a plane to Denver. We again were face to face. Many thought ran through my head. If he was going to continue is career I likely would have confronted him and imbaressed him with a few voters around. But since he is retiring I decided to simply let him go in front of me.

See I don't alway speak my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment