Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to Work

It has been a long time since I posted anything.  Travel before the holidays and taking time away during the holidays has kept me away.

I love the Christmas break.  It is fun to see the extended family and we spent a few days in Minnesota with both sides of the family.  It was very relaxing and extremely fun. 

Gift exchanges are always fun.  New clothes to work everyday this week and into next week.  Coffee mug, calender with pictures of my wife, a fire pit, iPad cover just to hit the highlights.  It is also fun to see the joy on the face of the people that you give gifts to.  Few moments in life top giving a phone to a Junior High student. 

Reading books is fun and relaxing as well.

But more then anything else I love the time off because it gives me time with my wife and kids. 

***** Warning: I might sounding like an old man*****

During breaks we get the chance to slow life down and enjoy the people in our lives.  It is a great way to build stronger relationships with the people you love.  People that you consider your number one priority.  But when the break is over we go back to the rush.  Could it be that we don't need to go back 100% into the rush?  Maybe we can keep some of the slow pace in our lives.

Hopefully I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment