Thursday, September 12, 2013

Time to Read

My oldest child has gone off to college and that seems to mean that I have more time in my life. Not sure why it isn't like Anne was taking up very much of my time. She was able to drive herself to all her events. So except playing card games in the dining room and talking about life with Anne I am not sure where all the free time came from.

But I have been using that time to read more. It made me reflect on the best books I have ever read. (I am not going to include the Bible on my list. It is the best book I have ever read but it belongs on in a separate class.)

Top 10 in no particular order.

  • Raise and Fall of the Third Reich By William L Shirer
  • Good to Great by Jim Collins
  • The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni
  • Born Again by Chuck Colson
  • Making it all Work by David Allen
  • Faithful by Stephen King
  • Cruse of the Bambino by Dan Shaughnessy
  • Battle Cry Freedom by James M McPherson
  • A Son of Thunder: Patrick Henry and the American Republic by Henry Mayer
  • Business by the Book by Larry Burkett

I feel guilty not making a longer list but I have to stop somewhere.

I might start rereading them all this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment